Domestic properties in Staffordshire are to receive energy efficient overhauls, including loft and cavity wall insulation as part of an initiative by a local housing authority. Read more »
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact our helpdesk on our usual telephone numbers.
1. The information we collect
- Registration Information - When you register on the Just EPC websites, you may have to provide your name, company number, your email address, and some optional notes about yourself ("Registration Information"). They are available to you, and capable of being changed.
- To hold visitor's login information
- To facilitate optimal use of websites by means of a temporary “session” cookie. These cookies disappear when the Member's browser session ends.
- Permanent cookies to enable you to automatically log on and direct you to content that have been highlighted to you.
- Temporary cookies are used to gather anonymous statistics. No personally identifiable information is gathered as part of this process.
- Log files - Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. (IP addresses are tied to personally identifiable information to enable our Web-based service).
- Email addresses - We make your e-mail address available to other users of Just EPC and in some instances we make it available to product providers. If you do not want your e-mail address given to other users of the Just EPC website or to product providers and other carefully selected third party suppliers please call our Contact Centre or your usual helpdesk who will be happy to help you opt-out of one or more of these facilities.
2. Sharing and use of information
The over-riding principle we apply is that we supply your personal data to product providers so that you can transact business with them and so that you are identified for the receipt of commissions. However, we do not sell lists of our Members' email addresses to other third parties. We may pass your details to a third party if you request a product from a third party supplier through the Just EPC site.
- Email addresses - We do not directly make your email address available to anyone on any screen on the Just EPC Websites and microsites. The only legitimate way of making contact with you is from Product Providers and via third party suppliers through the Just EPC marketing department.
- Advertising - The Just EPC website and their microsites may include interactive advertising for other businesses. We may use, and provide to third parties, anonymised demographic data provided by users of Just EPC to target this advertising more appropriately.
- Newsletters - We have regular and occasional emails, which all members of Just EPC receive, typically these will be compliance bulletins, research if you take that and other materials relevant to your contract as a member of Just EPC.
- Companies in the Just EPC Group - We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with our subsidiaries and other companies in our group, but only for the purposes described in this policy and Just EPC Website Terms and Conditions.
- Changes Just EPC businesses - If the businesses of Just EPC are transferred to other legal entities or are acquired by a third party, we may transfer personal data we then hold to that party.
- Place of processing - The personal information held by us is held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
3. Sharing information and recommendations contained in your energy performance certificate
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is under strict guidelines. However, it remains each Member's responsibility:
- to protect against unauthorised access to its website access details;
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the Just EPC websites and microsites through the machine that Member uses while they are logged on to the Just EPC websites and/or microsites;
- to log off or exit from the Just EPC website and/or microsites when not using it; and
- to keep his/her password secret.
5. Opt-out policy
- You may have your registration details removed from our Websites at any time. To remove yourself please call our Contact Centre or your helpdesk and they will tell you how we remove Your Details.
- We provide Members with the opportunity not to receive e-mailed Newsletters and other correspondence that they have previously opted to receive. This opt-out can be effected by calling our Contact Centre or your helpdesk.
6. Disclosure for legal reasons
We reserve the right to communicate such of a Member's personal information as we hold to third parties which seek the disclosure of it, and which make a legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
7. Contacting Just EPC
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with Just EPC, you should call our contact number. You can also call to get a copy of the personal data we hold about you or a description of that data. Please note that by English law we are entitled to charge you a small sum for providing this information.
If you change any of your personal details or you want us to correct any personally identifiable information you should call our contact number and we will endeavor to make the changes you request.
8. Links to third party sites
Our site contains links to other sites. Just EPC is not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content, of those web sites.
9. Data Protection Information
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's website at www.ico.gov.uk. You can search for our Data Protection Notification there, should you so wish.
11. What else you should know about privacy.
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of, and access to, your own computer.